About Me

Monday, February 15, 2010

Cakes and crocks.

First off, the final product of my cake.

It's pretty, no?

It actually came out really well! And the Coop birthday party was a lot of fun, and I filled up on cake and coffee. I had a piece of this, and sampled a few others. It was a delicious, and unhealthy, morning at the Coop.

The rest of the weekend flew by. Jeff and I went to Tupelo in Boston on Friday night to celebrate our one year anniversary. I did not end up taking pictures because it was a very small restaurant, and I did not want to disturb anyone. I also cannot deny that I am still getting used to taking pictures of food in public. I get so nervous and embarrassed. Did you go through this too, fellow bloggers? Maybe it just comes with time.

Anyway, I had a watercress salad with candied pecans, roasted pear, and goat cheese. Oh man, it was so good!! For my man course, I had blackened catfish and cheddar grits. That too was fantastic. I was stuffed after my dinner but as soon as the waiter started describing the peanut butter and chocolate cake with bourbon ice cream, I was sold. Jeff told me he would eat some too, but he had one bite and was "stuffed."

Overall, it was a great night!

This morning, I was ready to get back into the swing of healthy things.

I woke up and went for my very first three mile run!! I had mapped it out on Google maps, so I ended up going on a route I have never been on before. I felt fine for the first mile, but as soon as I ventured into unchartered territory, I was hit with a hill as steep as Everest that lasted about 3/4 of a mile. It doesn't sound like much, but it destroyed me. I had to stop to walk three times! The rest of the run went smoothly though. There was a nice, long, and steady downhill so I could sufficiently recover.

I also bumped into a new friend of mine while I was at work today. She is a pretty intense runner, and she started telling me about a bunch of races that will be starting in the spring and summer. I started thinking it might be a good idea to run a 5k or a 10k before the half marathon. I think it will be good just for my overall mental stability to have raced a few times. It is definitely something worth looking into!

This morning, I refueled with one of these bad boys.

Hello, handsome.

This is roughly...

1/2 c lacinata kale
1/2 c spinach
1 c almond milk
1 banana
1 T flax
1 T hemp protein powder
1 T almond butter
1 T chia seeds

Sweet and delicious!

This evening, Jeff had a crock pot creation waiting for me when I got home. I got to be there for the initial preparation, and when I got home, everything was finished!

The crock pot creation was made up of tomatoes, peppers, mushrooms, onion, pineapple, chili powder, curry powder, and hot sauce.

First stages...



My bowl (there is some brown rice underneath all of that)...


My bowl with a little bit of cheese (it was necessary!)...


Now, it is time for bed. More interesting posts will come tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment