About Me

Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Complete Loss of Motivation

Any college graduate reading this can most likely relate. Right now, I am currently half way through my last semester of college, and I am trying to study for a 100 level political science mid term. Shockingly enough, I am finding it extremely difficult to muster up the motivation to actually study. I have worked really hard the past three and a half years, and I genuinely do believe all of my academic energy is spent. At least for the time being.

So, what does a college student do when he or she has a midterm in the morning? Procrastinate.

This, my friends, is what procrastination looks like.

Although I have no energy to study, I have been able to pull together a couple tasty meals.

Meet my new breakfast.

(From yesterday)

(Had to repeat it today)

This glorious concoction is
1/2 c Kashi Go Lean Crunch
1/2 c Envirokids Peanut Butter Puffs
1/3 red pear
1/3 apple
1/2 container of Chobani

I would be lying if I said I didn't rip this from Meghann. This was indescribably refreshing and satisfying.

My dinner from last night, unfortunately, did not live up to my breakfast.


This sad and lonely blob that took up residence on my plate was my half-assed attempt at a black bean burger. In my defense, I have made black bean burgers in the past that were delicious. Also, in my defense, it was 9:30 when I made this, and I had just returned from my 3 hour night class feeling like I was going to gnaw off my own arm. Jeffrey was also at a friend's apartment, so I was alone on the creativity front.

So, I grabbed what looked most appealing to me in my fridge. My "refried" black beans that will be going bad soon. I chopped up a little bit of green pepper, onion, and mushroom and threw it into a bowl with a heaping spoonful of the beans. Then, I added some whole wheat bread crumbs into the mixture and formed a patty. I ended up frying the patty (is it considered frying when you don't use oil??) for about 5 minutes per side. While it was cooking, I realized I didn't have any buns or bread. I looked around the kitchen to see what we had, and my eyes landed on the half moldy tomatoes on the table. So, I chopped off the moldy parts and was able to cut two edible slices. Now I had a bun.

Last minute, I decided to throw a little cheese on the burger (to spruce it up a little bit, it looked very sad in the frying pan all alone).

The final product what sad. And boring. And not satisfying in the slightest.

Oh well.

This evening, we made up for it.


Sundried tomato ravioli with homemade tomato sauce and mozzarella cheese with sweet potato and steamed broccoli on the side.

Much better.

This meal was incredibly easy. Jeffrey made the sauce by pureeing four whole tomatoes, garlic, and spices (chili powder, italian spice blend, salt, pepper) into the blender, and then letting it simmer on the stove for about 45 minutes.

The result was a comforting yet reasonably healthy dinner.


For this meal, cheese was a necessity.

I decided to give myself a rest day from exercise today. I woke up extremely tired, looked out the window, saw that it was snowing, and climbed right back in bed. I felt a little guilty, but I kept reminding myself that I had run for three days in a row, and a rest day was completely justified.

The rest day helped me a lot. Now, I am excited to wake up this morning and geta good 3 miles
in before my last day of class before sprink break!

Off to study. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment