About Me

Thursday, February 4, 2010

Playing with pictures!

In the past 24 hours, I have begun playing around with the brightness, contrast, cropping, etc. of my pictures. Thanks, Jeff! It is a slow process, but I think I am actually beginning to learn how to use my camera.

I have a long list of eats today. First off, lunch!

On really good days, I get free lunch from work. By free, I mean expired, of course. We sell pre-made wraps, and sometimes I am lucky enough to be around when the expired wraps get pulled. Today was one of those glorious days. I saw the avocado aioli wrap sitting on the "expired foods table," I inspected it for mold, and off I went. You will learn I am a complete scavenger of free food...


I paired my wrap with some Mary's Gone Crackers.

Later in the day, I got really hungry and did some snacking sans camera. I also met up with my boyfriend and a couple of his friends for a beer (and possible a chicken wing), which somehow escaped the camera's eye also. Whoopsies.

By the time we got home, I was more than ready for dinner. Luckily, my lovely boyfriend had prepared everything in advance, and all we had to do was heat it up. Dinner was a navy bean burger (made from expired navy beans...again, complete scavenger), with portabella mushrooms, tomato, onions, and lettuce. The burger was huge! Jeff also made the most delicious mashed sweet potatoes I have ever had! So much butter.


And then I spied a furry friend lurking in the corner...

She wanted a burger too. We refused. Then, I stepped away from the table, and when I came back, I found the little beast in a very compromised position.


Maybe that's why she is getting plumpy...

No dessert for me last night. I decided to pick my poison yesterday, and I chose beer.

This morning, I managed to get outside for a two mile run and ab work! I am trying to incorporate ab stuff into my daily exercise routine. What can I say, Angela is an inspiration. The run was okay. I was a little disappointed by how difficult it was. Last time I did this same loop it felt so good! The ab work hurt a lot too. Oh well, these things take time.

When I came home, oats and coffee!

1/2 c oats
1 small banana
1 (heaping) T of PB
1 T chia seeds
Sprinkle of cinnamon, nutmeg, and agave
1 t hemp protein powder

I got a sample of hemp protein powder a few days ago. I was a little nervous about how it would taste, but in the end, I didn't taste it at all, and it had a whopping 13 grams of protein! And it looks like chocolate chips, doesn't it? This is giving me ideas....


Sooo much peanut butter. Sooo good.

Now it is time to go to school (for 12 hours!!).

No comments:

Post a Comment