About Me

Sunday, January 31, 2010

I'm a blogger now.

It is a beautiful, yet chilly, day in sunny CT. I declared today a rest day from running, but it is so nice out, that I am considering going out anyway. I recently decided I wanted to try to run a half marathon! I am not a runner. I ran track in high school; I was terrible. I am simply not a competitive person. Fast forward six years, and here I am giving it another shot. My decision to run again stems from a few things:

1. I hate paying for a gym membership.

2. I hate my school’s gym (and I hate paying for the gas to get there).

3. Some people make running sound like so much fun!

I have decided to train for a half marathon so I have something to shoot for. Whenever I have gone on running kicks in the past, they always fizzle out. Now, I have a half marathon waiting for me in May that gets me out of bed in the morning.

In addition to running, this blog will be about eating. I work at a Food Cooperative (a member owned grocery store), and I love it! It is mostly organic, and it’s local when possible. I have been working there for a year and a half, and it has completely transformed the way I eat. Throughout the course of this blog, I will show you how I eat.

I am not overweight, and I like to believe I am healthier than a lot of people my age. But, I have become near obsessed with food blogs, and I wanted to try this out for myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment